Thursday, August 21, 2008

We have no car


So life without a car is alright I guess if you don't have to go school shopping. We walk to the mall, Burger King, McDonald's. There is a park behind the hotel, it has a playground, a duck pond and an Aviary. So we get along pretty good. Our sponsor has picked us up and driven us to get Cassidy registered for school and to do a liitle shopping. Today he drove us to the store so we could do our school shopping, then we walked the 2.2 miles back to the hotel. Most of the walk was on a nice forest path, and part was through town. It took a little over and hour (we had to stop and smell the flowers, and look up German words in our dictionary). Stewart took a German driving test today and passed, so now we are just awaiting our cars arrival, hopefully in the next two weeks. Stewart has been taking the German bus to and from work, and I might take the bus Monday morning to go to Cassidy's school. They have a school bus that will pick her up and drop her off just up the street from the hotel. There will be a lot of kids at the stop Monday Morning. The hotel will be quiet for a few hours.

3 comments:

Shawny said...

What a beautiful walkway. So glad you guys are doing well. To be able to get around on the bus and by foot so soon after you've arrived is great. I'd probably be lost most of the time trying to find my way back. Glad you guys are keeping a blog. It will be lots of fun to read.

Anonymous said...

It certainly is beautiful there, sooo different from San Antonio. I'm sure the kids really like the ducks and the park. Best of luck with Cassidy and school. Sherry said today was Thursday and she was already missing you guys. We too have enjoyed reading about your exploits.

Lindy said...

Hey Jenni--mom gave me your blog address, so now I can keep up with the cousins! I was shocked to see Zachary--where did that blond hair come from?? Last time I saw him was a year ago in June, where he was a skinny little dark haired baby! Wow. I'll keep up with you through your blog, and you can do the same through ours!
Love,Lindy