Graduation day has finally arrived. Well, commencement exercises have anyway. I actually received my diploma in December 2011. I started my graduate program with the University of Phoenix in July of 2009. I was supposed to finish my degree in April of 2011, but the high school in Germany could not accommodate my student teaching. So I completed my student teaching here in San Antonio at Warren High School. I am actually glad that it worked out this way because I loved my cooperating teacher here. She had some great ideas and made the class fun for the students and myself.
My dad and Suzanne came for a short weekend visit to watch my commencement. The ceremony took place at the Alamodome.
See me down there? I am one of those graduates with a blue hood walking in. I wasn't really sure about walking for graduation, but as soon as I heard the music playing I was glad I did it. I was the only one who received a Master of Arts in Education/ Secondary Teacher Education. And it surprised me that several graduates around me actually thought they would be receiving their diploma today. I just chuckled.
I was so positive the kids were quietly watching all the graduates walk across the stage and were listening intently to the speakers. Well I did get the quiet part right.
This was my view of the family. They are on the top right in the middle.You can see Zachary's green shirt running down the row of chairs.
This is what the kids were doing after the graduation while trying to find me. Poor Granddaddy.
My dad and Suzanne came for a short weekend visit to watch my commencement. The ceremony took place at the Alamodome.
See me down there? I am one of those graduates with a blue hood walking in. I wasn't really sure about walking for graduation, but as soon as I heard the music playing I was glad I did it. I was the only one who received a Master of Arts in Education/ Secondary Teacher Education. And it surprised me that several graduates around me actually thought they would be receiving their diploma today. I just chuckled.
I was so positive the kids were quietly watching all the graduates walk across the stage and were listening intently to the speakers. Well I did get the quiet part right.
This was my view of the family. They are on the top right in the middle.You can see Zachary's green shirt running down the row of chairs.
This is what the kids were doing after the graduation while trying to find me. Poor Granddaddy.
We didn't expect San Antonio to be so cold, even in February. But with the wind, it was almost freezing.
I have my Master's. Well I actually do. My diploma was mailed to me in January. I am holding the program which does have my name in it.
The plans were to do some sight seeing or walking around San Antonio after the ceremony, but it was just too windy and pretty cold. So instead we went back home. Here is me with my real diploma.
Thomas, Cassidy and Zachary showed off their piano skills for the grandparents. Then Cassidy wanted to show off her recorder skills. Well it so happens that I had been learning how to play Cassidy's guitar. So one song we all knew was Hot Cross Buns. It was really bad, we were all playing in different keys and could not keep together, but it was fun and we got a picture.
Now Cassidy is playing her guitar while the boys are playing the Butterfly Memory Game. This game is a favorite of the kids. Cassidy received it for Christmas from her Aunt Christine in 2006. Thank you! Finally we had killed enough time and could go to dinner. We went to Cappy's and it was soooo goood.


No comments:
Post a Comment