Thursday, May 7, 2009

Our Easter Preparations

Well I was a little worried that we would have to decorate our Easter Eggs inside this year. We started going outside to decorate our eggs while living in Houston. Cassidy was 2 and I thought she would have more fun if I didn't have to worry about her spilling in the house. Well I was right, she colored eggs and herself that year. We have been doing it outside ever since. I didn't know if the weather here in Germany would cooperate, but it did. I set up three egg dying stations, one for each of the kids. Cassidy of course took her time, making sure each one was just right. Thomas was a little more careful, he gently placed each egg in a cup and had fun fishing them out with the metal egg dipper. Zachary on the other had, was a true two year old. He just threw the eggs into the cup, cracking a few. Then he dumped the first cup out onto the grass to get the egg out, until I showed him he could reach his hand in to get it out. He dipped, redipped and redipped his eggs. Clean up was easy, dump everything in the grass then stick the kids in the bathtub.

The Saturday before Easter there was a community Easter Egg Hunt and activities. Cassidy had been preparing Thomas and Zachary all week. She would hide the eggs around the house and the boys would have to go find them. At the park they had sectioned off parts of the field by ages. Zachary went out to collect his eggs first. They had plastic eggs and candy out on the field. Zachary ran out into the field collecting the eggs, but passing right by the candy. I think Cassidy taught him too well. He didn't think candy belonged in his basket. Thomas went next and knew just what to do, picking up anything in his path. Cassidy's group was just chaois. The kids were too many and too fast and the field was too small, it was over in a few seconds. But she lucked out and got a prize egg, so she was able to go pick out a big prize. But Zachary made out with the most candy and eggs. They had other activities, like egg rolling, the kids had fun with this. Zachary gave up pretty quick, he thought it would be faster to just pick up the egg and carry it to the end, rather than roll it with your face. They also had a good time with the egg toss and bowling with eggs. The Easter Bunny was pretty cute, although Zachary was too scared to have his picture taken with him, thats a two year old for you.

1 comment:

G. Grover said...

What fun!! These are memories never to be forgotten. And in Germany...to boot!!