Friday, April 2, 2010

Painting Eggs


The Ostern Hase came to the kindergarten. It dropped off presents and chocolate for the kids. The blue basket is actually a deflated ball. Then it is filled with straw, chocolate bunny, chocolate eggs and a chocolate ladybug.


The boys made these in Kindergarten. I had to provide the egg shells. I spent an evening learning how to blow out the inside of the eggs. Needless to say we had scrambled eggs for dinner that night. I didn't want to be the American who can't blow eggs, so I took my time and only pierced one hole in the shell. I then used a flavor syringe to force the insides out of the egg. But is turned out that they needed two holes in them anyway for the strings and feathers. I also discovered finger nail polish remover works great to rub off the stamp that is put on the egg. The eggs we buy have a bright pink stamp on it and I didn't want that to show through after the eggs were painted.

























The boys were so excited when they could bring these home. Zachary spend about 10 minutes explaining to me how he made it and why he choose his colors.

1 comment:

Emily Petty said...

Your kids are too cute! I like all your recent posts. It's been a long time since I've blown an egg, but I remember it always giving me a headache. How in the world did you do that with only 1 hole?! I can't wait for Frankie to go to German kindergarten in the fall - I think he'll love it.