Stewart and I finally were able to get away on our own. A great friend willingly watched our kids, took them to soccer and school while Stewart and I went to Rome. Stewart and I flew out Monday afternoon. Stewart arranged us to stay at a Bed and Breakfast. It is our first time staying at a B&B and probably our last. We got to the B&B and they did not have our reservation. We had already placed our deposit online and didn't get there until 7:30pm. The manager made several calls and found us a hotel room for the night. He paid for our Taxi to get there. It wasn't too bad, except we had tickets for an opera concert that night. So we checked into our room, then raced to the performance. We got there at intermission.
I Maestri della Lirica, Opera in Concerto
Opera season is over, but several churches have opera concerts on the off season. Tonight's performance was at Sala Cavour Centro Congressi. It is supposed to be a church, but I'm not so sure. The atmosphere was not what we expected and though the music was good, it was not great. But it was still a night out and we made the best of it.

After the concert we ate some pizza and took the long route back to our hotel. It is great being able to stay out as late as we wanted. We didn't have to even worry about kids melting down or being too tired to walk.

I Maestri della Lirica, Opera in Concerto
Opera season is over, but several churches have opera concerts on the off season. Tonight's performance was at Sala Cavour Centro Congressi. It is supposed to be a church, but I'm not so sure. The atmosphere was not what we expected and though the music was good, it was not great. But it was still a night out and we made the best of it.
After the concert we ate some pizza and took the long route back to our hotel. It is great being able to stay out as late as we wanted. We didn't have to even worry about kids melting down or being too tired to walk.
No comments:
Post a Comment