Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bowling with Santa

Stewart's work hosted a kids bowling party tonight. We only made it through one game. I have no idea what their scores were. The kids had fun, but we found out there is just too much lag time in between turns. Especially when the kids balls go so slowly down the lane. So going bowling once a year is good enough for now. As you can see Cassidy gets a running start, and she does pretty well. She got one or two spares. I should give credit to the Wii, but I think it was the side gutter rails that really helped. Thomas and Zachary just have to give the ball a push and hope it doesn't come back and squish their fingers. There is a little lip on the edge of the ramp that they have to get the ball over before it goes down. The kids then ate pizza and had cupcakes, or as Thomas calls them "pupcakes". Then Santa came, OK he wasn't all that impressive as Santa, but my kids didn't say anything. I think they just liked the presents he came with too much to care about what Santa looked like.

The really bad thing was we ran into a "real" Santa at the grocery store right before we went bowling. It was real cute though. In this store they have little shopping carts for the kids to push around. Usually Thomas goes crazy running these carts around the aisles. But when we walked in I saw Santa around the corner, so I whispered to Thomas "He had better be good and not run around, because you know who is always watching." Then I pointed over to Santa. Thomas just looked at him, then at me, then walked with his cart very slowly into the store. It was the best shopping experience I have had in that store.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas should be everyday..then you could shop with the kids all the time...as long as they could run into Santa...that is.