Monday, December 15, 2008

Making Christmas Cookies

This is a family tradition of ours, to bake and decorate Gingerbread cookies. It started in my family before I was born. My parents and brother had moved to Germany right before Christmas. They did not have their furniture, household goods, or any Christmas decorations yet. So they decorated thier tree with Gingerbread cookies and strings of popcorn. So we have been doing this ever since.

It took a while to get the cookies on the tree this year. It seemed the cookies kept disapearing beofore we could decorate and hang them. Well they are now on the tree and no one has eaten them yet. Except for the ones that have fallen off their strings. It suprises me that Zachary hasn't eaten them. He just points to them and says cookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the poses. What fun!!
Thank goodness for families, and traditions, and special times.

Emily Petty said...

I really like your cookie tradition - they looked so cute on your tree! I didn't know that Cassidy was in a German immersion class, I just thought that her teacher was German and taught them a few words here and there - that is cool!