Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cassidy's start in 2009

Cassidy started the New Year, with a new look and a giving attitude. She cut off 12 inches of her hair to donate to Locks of Love. I took her to the hair dresser and he gave her a terrible hair cut. It was cute from the front, but really uneven in the back. So I had to take her back the next day. It is still not great, but it is much better. I just needed Sherry (our neighbor in San Antonio), who would have taken her time and done it right. But it looks so cute now and she loves it. Mostly because it doesn't get tangled. The first night after it was cut, she took a comb to bed with her. She was so excited she could do her own hair now. The next day she set up "hair station" in her room, so she could do her hair in the mornings before school. Well, she and I are not that lucky. I still have to do it. She can comb it, but I have to straighten it. Her hair has a lot of natural curl that does not work well with this cut. So I still have to do her hair in the morning.

Cassidy has been completing her chores this year usually without me reminding her. Yesterday morning Zachary woke up at 6am, I went in and got him, then we both fell back asleep on the couch. I woke up to two little voices and scampering feet. Cassidy had gotten her Swiffer Duster out and was dusting the living room. She had Thomas helping her. He was holding the flashlight. They were so cute whispering to each other tying not to wake me up. And so happy that they were doing their chores without me asking. And yes both beds were made too.

Cassidy went on a field trip with her class last week. They took a bus and a train into Stuttgart to see the play Pippi Longstocking. It was in German of course. She had a great time. They had to go in Sunday best. But it was very cold and it snowed the morning of their trip. So she wore her snow boots, and took her dress shoes and a comb in a backpack. She wore the hat Grandma Grover had given her, so she needed the comb in case it messed up her hair a little. She had a great time and was exhausted that night. They did a lot of walking to the bus stop and to the theater.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun. What great experiences!!

Chase said...

Wow, that's a lot of hair.

Anonymous said...

Jenni, I tried to post a comment the other day but apparently it didn't take. I am in north texas right now and when I saw your posting I called Sherry and told her how to look at it. She was so tickled to see what you had written. You guys seem to be having lots of fun amid the work!