Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nothing going on around here

Well this week was pretty boring. At least that is what Cassidy kept saying. She had school off on Monday and Friday, then was home sick on Tuesday. So she just hung out with mom and Zachary. Thomas went to school and had fun. But After two long weekends Cassidy is definitely ready for school tomorrow. We were able to work on a few Try-Its. For those who don't know what they are, Try-Its are the badges for Brownie Girl Scouts. Cassidy is working on Brownie Girl Scouts Around the World. She learned a few things about Ghana, Oman and Italy. We played where is it on the Globe. Stewart or I would give Cassidy the name of a country and she would have to find it. She loves geography. The other badge we worked on this week was Science Wonders. I had all three kids running around the house with fridge magnets, trying to see what they would stick to and what the would not. Then today, I blew up balloons. And we played around with static electricity. The boys were right there with us, learning and playing. If only they could earn badges too. It kept them busy while I made dinner and Cinnamon rolls.

For some reason since we moved here I have been trying to perfect my baking skills. I think it was our trip to Switzerland to visit the Cook's. Emily had made homemade "Lake Shore" rolls and we all devoured them. And I left our bread machine back in Texas. So the rolls I am still working our the kinks, but I think I may have figured it out. And the cinnamon rolls were perfect. The kids are excited to have them tomorrow for breakfast. I try to give them something special for Monday morning breakfast like my mom always did for me and Mark.

Stewart and I gave talks today in church. We both spoke on avoiding pitfalls. It went well, even though we were both writing them late last night and into early this morning. We had lots of comments on a job well done. Now we don't have to do this again for another 2 years right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cooking dinner and making cinnamon rolls...I am impressed!! I have been wanting to make them for a long time but can't seem to get to it, and I really don't have a good reason for not! It sounds like you, Jenni, do lots of things together with your children that are so fun...what a Mom!! Hoorah for Cassidy...Brownie scouts is a wonderful way to enjoy life as a kid! Keep it up!!

Emily Petty said...

I'm sad we missed your talks...any cinnamon rolls left? :)