Well I am trying to find something we can do to make life fun around here, something the kids can look forward to. It has been really cold and dark here. OK, so its not terrible, but we are just not used to it. And the evenings are a real trial. We used to be able to go play ball in our back yard or go for a walk, but not anymore. So to spice things up a bit I created Family Movie Night. Every other Friday we get our pajamas on, we gather up all the pillows and blankets from around the house and hang out in front of the TV. We even get to have a snack in the living room, a real treat. We take turns picking the movie and the snack. The kids really like it. Cassidy wants it every Friday, but I told her if we did it too often it wouldn't be a special.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Trying to spice up our lives
Well I am trying to find something we can do to make life fun around here, something the kids can look forward to. It has been really cold and dark here. OK, so its not terrible, but we are just not used to it. And the evenings are a real trial. We used to be able to go play ball in our back yard or go for a walk, but not anymore. So to spice things up a bit I created Family Movie Night. Every other Friday we get our pajamas on, we gather up all the pillows and blankets from around the house and hang out in front of the TV. We even get to have a snack in the living room, a real treat. We take turns picking the movie and the snack. The kids really like it. Cassidy wants it every Friday, but I told her if we did it too often it wouldn't be a special.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your children are very fortunate to have such a great Mom to think of things to keep themn occupied and happy. What a cute picture of them all snuggled in their pajamas and quilts!!
Post a Comment