Monday, February 16, 2009

Payback


Today started great. I got to sleep in until 6am when Zachary woke up, then we both fell back to sleep on the couch. Thomas came down at 7:00 and we watched cartoons for a bit. Then Zachary wanted to get down. He started sliding off the couch and stepped on Thomas, who was laying on the floor. I don't know if Thomas moved to get Zachary off him, or Zachary just slipped, but either way, he lost his balance and went head on into our coffee table. You can see from the picture where he landed. We went through two paper towels and a few Kleenex, until the bleeding stopped. Then like any other child, he was all better and chasing Thomas again. So I took Thomas to school, and came back home to call the Doctor. I woke Stewart up, (he had worked all night and went to bed at 6:30am). So he was pretty tired. We decided to take Zachary to the Dr. But before that could happen we have to make phone calls to a medical liaison team, to find out which Krankenhaus (hospital) to go to, and they call ahead to let them know we are coming. We couldn't go to the Children's Hospital, because they don't do stitches there, so we went to the Emergency room. They wrapped Zachary up in a blanket, so he coudn't move his arms or legs, them gave him his first stitch. It reminded me of my days in the Veterinary clinic. We would wrap cats up the same way, so they coudn't scratch up during exams.

We came home and Zachary has been watching videos on the couch. This picture of him makes him look so sad and miserable. But actually, he is intently watching his new Land Before Time DVD. He loves them. And Dinosaur is one of the words he can say. Well I wouldn't really call this payback, I guess it is just part of having boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute even with a cut lip. Yes, the boys do get lots of cut, etc...much more than girls...usually.