So the boys were upstairs playing so well while I was getting our grocery shopping list together. Then I heard it. The familiar sound of "brotherly love". Thomas was upstairs crying. Well they had the door to the playroom closed, and there were toys in front of it so I couldn't get in. I finally coaxed Thomas into moving the toys away so I could give him a hug and kiss. The picture is what I found. Zachary had thrown a shake-n-go car at him. And Zachary takes after his Granddaddy, he has an arm on him. We really need to get these boys in sports. So Thomas came downstairs and laid on the couch with an ice pack on his head. He took the ice pack shopping too.
That is not it for our trauma today. We were getting back in the car, after paying for gas and Thomas got hurt again. It was raining and cold, and I was trying to hurry and get the boys into the car. I put Thomas in his seat and told him to get buckled in. Meanwhile I went around the car to put Zachary in his seat. I left Thomas' door open, so I could go back and help him get his other buckle fastened. But as I was walking around the back of the car, I heard the familiar sound of a hurt boy. He had fallen out of the car onto the ground. He had road rash on his scalp, but not bleeding, luckily. My poor boy. But he is up and chasing Zachary and Cassidy around the house as I write this, so he is all better. At least until bedtime. Then I am sure his head will start hurting again and keep him awake.
1 comment:
Oh Jenni! What a day for Thomas (and a "Day" for a child, is always a "Day" for a mommy)! Cassidy was trying to tell me a little about what happened, but I was so stressed with lessons back-to-back and one Frank throwing up and the other Frank being whiny/clingy while I'm trying to teach...I never even asked you how you were. What a bad friend I am! I'm sorry and hope that everyone has a better day tomorrow and goes to bed.
P.S. If Zachary's throwing is anything like the ball I saw him kick...that must've hurt poor Thomas!
Post a Comment