Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


Our Valentine's Day started the night before. Stewart worked all night, so the kids and I drove to his work and loaded his car with Valentine's candy, balloons and cards. After I got the kids to bed, I set out Valentine's goodies for the kids to find in the morning. I usually set out a trail of hearts for the kids to follow when they get home from school, but since is was Saturday I thought I would try something different. I hid the candy and gifts around the house with their names on them. Cassidy and Thomas found them before they came and woke me up.




After completing our Saturday chores, the kids went outside for a bit of sledding. The boys downstairs came out and played with them. They had real sleds for them to use. Cassidy thought the sleds were cool and had lots of fun. Thomas couldn't figure out how the brakes worked and ended up in the bushes a few times, until he figured out he could stear away from them. Zachary was the first to come in. He was walking up the hill and took a nose dive into the snow. He had enough. Thomas took one last trip into the bushes and decided he had enough. I set the kids up with Warm Chocolate and heart shaped pizza for lunch. They don't like Hot Chocolate. Event eh Warm Chocolate ends up in the refrigerator to cool off once in awhile.


Zachary then went off for his nap. I played the Wii Fit for awhile. I worked on my Hula and Snowboarding skills, both are a bit rusty. Thomas played Diego on the Wii for a bit, then he helped me and Cassidy play I Spy.





Cassidy's school had a used book sale last week and she used her money to buy some books. She got a few for herself and a few for her brothers. So she wrapped them up and gave them as Valentine's gifts. She gave Thomas a coloring book and computer game. Zachary got a sparkle book and computer game. So, the computer games were more for Cassidy, but it is the thought that counts.



I then fixed our traditional Valentine's dinner. It started sometime after Cassidy was born. Stewart and I realized how much a night out would cost, with dinner and babysitter it added up. Then having to go through the trouble to find someone who was available on Valentine's Day to babysit. Well this was easier. So I make a pink dinner. We have pink waffles and pink milk. Cassidy told me today that I should make the bacon pink next year. I don't think that will happen, but maybe I will try. Thomas got a kick out of it and thought the pink milk tasted better than the white milk. I used food coloring, it tasted the same. We then got cleaned up and watched Mickey Mouse Sweethearts DVD. It is a bunch of old clips all about love. Donald and Daisy, Mickey and Minnie and even Pluto finds love. The kids went off to bed without a fuss. They needed their rest.

2 comments:

Petty Family said...

What fun Valentine's traditions and thoughtfulness!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I feel like a "Big Bummer



















Wow!! I feel like a "Bummer!!"
I never really did anything for Valentine Day when my kids were growing up. When I was growing up we only celebrated at school with the valentine boxes we decorated and took to school...exchanging valentines with classmates. Now I feel really bad. My poor kids!!