Thursday, May 7, 2009

Easter Day

We left for church at 8:30, so the Easter egg hunt had to wait until after church. I told Cassidy that I had left a note for the Easter Bunny, not to hide the eggs. We didn't want the eggs to go rotten or the candy to melt in the sun while we were at church. So after church we had lunch, then I sent all the kids up to Cassidy's room to help make her bed. I went outside and hid the eggs, both real eggs and the plastic eggs the Easter Bunny had filledwith candy the night before. I had to make sure to hide some easy eggs for the boys to find, then I hid some harder and up higher for Cassidy to find. I put stickers on the eggs for the boys, and told Cassidy she couldn't pick those up. So here is picture of the kids waiting to go out the door to hunt for eggs. I was giving Cassidy her rules.


She was not to pick up any eggs on the porch, but go down into the yard. She gets down there and called back to me. "Mom, all the eggs have stickers. where are my eggs?" I told her she was old enough now, she really had to hunt for them this year. No more freebies.

Here Zachary is on the lookout for the next egg.

See what I found!! He is so excited. He learned a new German word too this Easter. It is not an egg but an Ei. Oster Ei to be exact.


Our yard is pretty big, so hunting took a while.


Cassidy finally found all her eggs. I hid two up in trees so high she could not reach them. One she climbed the tree to reach her egg. The other tree she could not climb. She wanted me to get it for her. I told her she needed to think and get it herself. She walked back to the tree and shook the branches, the egg fell right out.


Later we sat down to our Easter dinner. I cut some blossoms from our yard for our centerpiece. We ate Beef Wellington, homemade rolls, zucchini and deviled eggs. Stewart and I have been watching the last few season's of Hell's Kitchen on TV, so I thought I would try my hand at the Wellington. I discovered I could make one, I don't think I will try out for a position as a restaurant chef though (I would be way too slow).



6 comments:

Emily Petty said...

Wow - beef Wellington - how come we didn't get a dinner invite? :)

TracieCarter said...

Hurray, you're back! And dying eggs outside is DEFINITELY the way to go!!! I hope you had fun with your parents in town!

Chase said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chase said...

Excellent Easter. Sounds like a lot of fun!

G. Grover said...

Thanks, Jenni, for keeping us happily informed about the family!!

Chris and Sarah Seymour said...

that is too funny, as soon as you said beef wellington, i thought of hell's kitchen. you always have such fun creative ideas during the holidays for you kids. glad you guys had such a great easter.