Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bedtime at our house

















Bedtime has always been a struggle at our house. Cassidy slept in a family bed until she was 2. (Stewart was gone for quite a bit of that time.) Thomas slept pretty well on his own, after I spent a few weeks (maybe months) sleeping on the floor of his room. And then Zachary wakes up screaming. Since moving to Germany I thought it would be a good time to put both boys in the same room. Well you see how well that worked. They do have two beds, Zachary just loves his big brother. Well then Thomas wakes up because Zachary pushes him off the bed. That is why there is a mattress on the ground next to the bed. But most nights Zachary would wake up crying/ screaming, which would wake up Thomas and get him upset. So Thomas has been sleeping in the extra bed in Cassidy's room. Thomas and Zachary go to bed at 7 and Cassidy at 8. Thomas doesn't like to go to bed without Cassidy, so he will wander downstairs trying to stall his bedtime. I have found him sleeping just at the top of the stairs a couple of times. I probably told him not to come downstairs again or he would be in trouble, so this is him pushing his limits. Things are better now. Zachary hasn't been waking up crying as often, so we are back with both boys in the same room. Cassidy enjoys having her room to herself. She likes to read for 1 - 2 hours past bedtime. But she also misses Thomas and asks to have sleepovers in the boys' room. Zachary still wakes up most nights, but instead of crying he come and crawls in bed with Stewart and I. Some nights I wake up enough to go put him back in his own bed, other times I do not. I know I will miss these times, they are sooo cute, but I am exhausted.

1 comment:

GMa Grover said...

Stewart was a random sleep person.
He woud take his blanket and find the darndest places to take a bed. A good share of the time he would be on the floor at the foot of our bed. I remember those days well. With 10 kids...their getting in bed with us was not an option!! Good luck you three little Grovers. Whatever you can do...Do!!