Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cassidy's School Music Recital















Cassidy's Music Class had a recital for the parents, Stewart and I were both able to attend. They sang about 10 songs, Cassidy had already learned most of the songs at home. They got the parents involved in singing Yankee Doodle Dandy. The men went first then it was mine and Cassidy's turn, with a few revisions. We were nieces of Uncle Sam, and our Yankee Doodle Sweetheart was a boy. You also see Cassidy performing another patriotic song, Its a Grand Old Flag. They had actions for the whole song, then the kids came and got their parents to teach them the actions. So I had to perform the song, while the kids watched us. Music is one of Cassidy's favorite subjects and now I see why, thanks Mrs. Bowker.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Those are the same songs that Jay Henry sang at his end-of-the-year program for his co-op! It was very cute. Looks like you have a lot of American friends and neighbors, and I'm sure that's nice.

GMa Grover said...

Mom and daughter together singing!! How can a young girl ever have it so good. Congratulations, Jenni, for your being there always for your kids!!