

Cassidy found a Girl Scout troop that met right after school twice a month. The girl's would meet their leader just outside the elementary school and then they would all walk a few blocks, down to the chapel where they held their meeting. Cassidy loves the songs and games she learns there. At home we work on Brownie Badges, called Try-its. She wanted to earn the most badges in her troop, like she did last year. I liked it, because we could get the boys involved in some of the fun. I think our favorite was making our own constellation, a snowman. Then we rolled down the shutters and turned out the lights. We laid on my bed for an hour playing with a flashlight and oatmeal container. (The snowman was in the end of the container, and when we stuck a flashlight inside it created a pattern of lights on the ceiling.) Cassidy was also able to use many of her try-it activities for school homework assignments, she liked that. She earned Me and My Shadow, Science Wonders, Travel Right, Movers, Numbers and Shapes, Around the World, Eat right, Stay Healthy and Space Explorer badges. She earned the most of her troop, and has far exceeded the badge capacity of her vest.
1 comment:
I also was a Girl Scout and loved the meetings and activities very much. We went on campouts, cooked, painted ceramics, did service projects, etc. It was a ton of fun. I am so glad you, Cassidy, are taking advantage of such good things.
Post a Comment