Just wanted to update you on our everyday activities. Zachary started Kindergarten in January. Usually they take the children at age three, but since his big brother was going there they let him attend a month early. He loved it from the start. Last year when I would drop off Thomas, Zachary would cry when we left because he wanted to stay and play. It got so bad, I would usually leave him in the car or at home while I ran Thomas into school. This picture was taken for their Geburtstag Kalender (birthday calendar). Yes it took me five months to get it to them. Just when I got around to taking the picture and printing it, our printer was out of ink.
The kindergarten is very organized and has a place for everything. Every child has there own symbol that marks their stuff. Thomas has a pine tree (Tannenbaum) and Zachary has a Jack-in-the-box (Kind in Kasten). They each have a bag (Tasche) with their names on it as well as their symbol. The bag holds their rain pants and jacket. They also have a cubbie that holds their house shoes.
During the day the kids each snacks of lunches that have been brought from home. My kids stay for two snack times. In fact that is how Thomas knows how long he is going to stay. If I pick him up early, he stays for one snack. If he is there a full day he gets two snacks. So when I drop him off he asks "Mom, did you give me one snack or two snacks?" The boys get to draw pictures and they have some preschool work they during school. When they are finished they put all their papers in their drawer. Zachary is pulling out all his paper airplanes (Flugzeug) from today. Every day the boys come home with at least one paper airplane, but usually two or three. The other day, they emptied their drawers and came home with 22 airplanes. So the airplanes stick around until bedtime, then they get recycled.
2 comments:
I love the bags and cubbies! I wonder if Frank's kindergarten will have those.
I am very happy the kids have these opportunities in their lives. Maybe you will miss Germany and all that it has offered to the family?
Post a Comment