Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween für Kinder

We debated whether or not to take our kids to Castle Frankenstein for Halloween. The kids are not the bravest of kids, and I knew for certain that I would be sleeping with them for weeks to come. But we figured this chance would not come again, so we went. Sunday's they open the castle grounds during the afternoon and it is a family day or a day for the children. Zachary is so excited to see the scary creatures, he is running for the entrance.

Cassidy was the first one caught.


























The monsters are still monsters, but they don't jump out and scare you. Instead they do the bunny hop. Well that is what they were doing when we first arrived. I still had my camera packed away, so I didn't get a picture.

There is a witch behind this simmering cauldren.


After a few encounters with demons, witches and bleeding bodies, we finally found a place where our kids would be safe. See how happy Zachary is to be handcuffed?



























Thomas seems a little too happy, while a severed head lays behind him. Zachary is trying to hide behind Stewart.



















Cassidy knew at first glance that this scarecrow was real. She was hesitant to get her picture taken with it. She was just waiting for it to jump at her.



The scarecrow came off its post just as Cassidy suspected and was trying to say hi to Zachary. You can see Thomas' head, he is protecting his little brother.




Stewart had to drag Cassidy over to the fake scarecrow. This one was made up pretty realistic and she didn't want to get any closer. That is not Cassidy's happy face posing with the scarecrow. That is a please, please hurry and take the picture mom, face.


























The pumpkin patch was pretty cool.

























The three demons were scary looking, but were goofing off with each other. It was quite humorous, the German's were especially laughing for they could understand what they were saying.


This demon came out and Thomas the obedient boy he is, posed for a picture with him.



Here is Castle Frankenstein. Some people claim that this castle and its owner Johann Conrad Dippel influenced Mary Shelley to write her Frankenstien novel, but there is no evidence that she ever visited this castle. But it makes for good marketing and incites visitors to visit, especially during Halloween.



We saw Freddy Kruger, Jason and Pinhead at the castle.


























The characters performed various plays during the afternoon. We caught the last act. And it was not at all what I expected. They performed a musical number, "Thriller". AT the end of the number all the monsters came on stage and revealed their true identities to the applause of the audience. It was their way of showing the kids that they are not monsters, but just have on a lot of makeup and accessories. The final performers threw out treats to the kids, Moon Pies of all things.

















I think Cassidy is pretending to be in a slasher movie, or just want to punch Zachary I am not sure.

























I took this picture in a hurry, the family was leaving me. I didn't see the no parking sign in my view. If I had the time, I would learn how to crop it out.



Our stroll back to the bus.

























PS. Everyone slept in their own beds and no one had nightmares.

No comments: