Friday, October 1, 2010

Volksfest

Well we didn't make it to Oktoberfest in Munich, but we did have a great night at Stuttgart's Volksfest.

The festival/carnival had beer tents, with very long lines. And a lot of rides and food. Cassidy kept finding all the American food stands. Stewart had a ticket for one of the beer tents from work, so he went in to meet his friends. The kids and I stayed outside and wondered around. We watched all the rides, and decided that we would not go into the haunted house. But the "blood" fountain sparked a long conversation.

We ate Bratwurst with Brot and Pommes. I don't know why Cassidy and Thomas are holding up their bratwurst.

It is a good thing the kids and I didn't go into the tent. Stewart couldn't hear for 20 minutes after he came out. Even walking in front of the tent, Thomas covered his ears telling me it was too loud. I didn't even hear any Oom-pah bands playing, but I did here music from Top Gun and Footloose.

No comments: