Well the boys love the hats Grandma Grover made for them last Christmas. But I don't think they were meant for this. The boys play peek a boo and monster with them. And on our walk to the school bus they were spying out the holes as they walked down the trail. Well at least it kept their noses warm. They are doing great keeping them on their heads now. In December when they first started wearing them, it was a game with Zachary. I put it on, he takes it off, I put it on, he throws it down, I put it on, well you see where this went. And walking around the neighborhood you could tell we were American's right off. No hat on the kids is a big give away. I have friends that have gotten yelled at by a stranger, because they didn't put a hat on their toddlers head. Luckily no one has said anything to us. Unlike Zachary, Thomas liked his hat from the start and kept it on when we went out. All his friends at kindergarten wear hats, now he has one too. Cassidy wore hers right off too, but when you go catch the school bus in below freezing temperatures it is easy. But German kids her age don't always wear hats, so she doesn't stand our like our boys.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Grandma's Hats
Well the boys love the hats Grandma Grover made for them last Christmas. But I don't think they were meant for this. The boys play peek a boo and monster with them. And on our walk to the school bus they were spying out the holes as they walked down the trail. Well at least it kept their noses warm. They are doing great keeping them on their heads now. In December when they first started wearing them, it was a game with Zachary. I put it on, he takes it off, I put it on, he throws it down, I put it on, well you see where this went. And walking around the neighborhood you could tell we were American's right off. No hat on the kids is a big give away. I have friends that have gotten yelled at by a stranger, because they didn't put a hat on their toddlers head. Luckily no one has said anything to us. Unlike Zachary, Thomas liked his hat from the start and kept it on when we went out. All his friends at kindergarten wear hats, now he has one too. Cassidy wore hers right off too, but when you go catch the school bus in below freezing temperatures it is easy. But German kids her age don't always wear hats, so she doesn't stand our like our boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad the boys have a use for the hats!! It was worth the little bit of knitting to see this picture!!
Post a Comment