Well I woke up this morning to a pinch. It was at about 5am when Stewart was heading off to work. Thanks honey. The kids all went to school and came home without incident. I don't think the German's celebrate St. Patricks Day. But I dressed the boys in green just in case. If you all remember our Valentine's dinner, this came about around the same time. The first year we had green waffles. I changed it the next year, after reading Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham. Cassidy said she would never eat green eggs. So what does any good mother do?, serves them. Well she now has them every year and looks forward to eating them. Every year on St. Patrick's Day I make my Aunt Janette's Sausage Ring with Eggs and Cheese. I don't think she meant for the eggs to be green, but doesn't it look pretty? This year I also added green biscuits to the menu. It was so easy I will probably keep that up too.
It was such a beautiful day today the kids played hard outside and got rather dirty. So after dinner it was bath time. After the boys' bath, I made sure to put green PJ's on them. Cassidy had pinched Stewart after he had gotten home and changed out of his green work clothes into his PJ's. I didn't want the crying to start after such a pleasant day. Then Cassidy came downstairs ready for her bath. But she was crying. The PJ's that had green on them were in the washer and she didn't want daddy to pinch her. So I pulled out green barrettes for her to wear and wiped off her tears. She asked if she could sleep with them in, because daddy said he was going to sneak up and pinch her when she was sleeping. Needless to say we solved the crisis and she is fast asleep upstairs.
2 comments:
I love reading your blog - I always find it funny to read blogs of people I see and talk to often and still find out new things! I love the piano/singing video!!! And you can play with your fingers straight if you want to :). I love the St. Patty's pinching episodes - on our way home from school Cassidy asked me what I was making for dinner and I said I didn't know. She said I could copy your idea if I wanted to. I wasn't planning on it, but I got home, had nothing to cook, noticed the pancake mix and well - we had green pancakes and green eggs! Thanks for letting me copy. :)
Wow!! What a nice way to start the day...Green eggs and bisquits. I bet they tasted jummy. I don't know too many people who have green PJs for their kids for St. Patricks day. Green is good!!
Post a Comment