Sunday, August 2, 2009

Never buy your kids a Bicycle!!

I get it everyday. Mom, can we go ride our bikes? It was actually OK with Cassidy, she was getting good enough to keep up with me mostly. After all I was weighted down with 70 pounds of boys in the bike trailer. And she could get on her own gear. But now I have to get Thomas all suited up and I have to RUN with him. Which still wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to run while holding Zachary. We have not ventured out too far yet. I am trying to keep it to flat areas. We live in a very hilly town. And the bike trails are sometimes even too steep for Cassidy to make it up without walking her bike.

So we start off on our ride. Zachary gets his exercise. He likes to run to keep up with the bikes. As you can see he is an excellent runner, leaving Thomas in his dust.




Then Zachary starts getting tired. He will walk for a bit, then want to be carried. I guess I could bring a stroller, but I feel silly running with an empty stroller. When we start going for longer rides, I will have to bring the stroller to save my back.




Then Zachary gets a second wind, just about the time Thomas is getting a little slower on his bike. So Zachary is tries to help out his big brother. Zachary sees Mom and Dad do it for Thomas and Cassidy, so I guess he thinks he can help too. It so worries me thought, because he gets so close to tripping on the training wheels. And Thomas doesn't always steer straight, so I am afraid he will run right into Zachary.

Oh wait, he already did that.

1 comment:

Gma Grover said...

What a great Mom you are, Jenni. It is a full time job. What cute kids!