Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Holzgerlingen

We finally got together with our friends the Petty's. It seems like our schedules never match up. But we found an afternoon to go visit them. It was a beautiful day and we took a stroll through their town. Emily Petty teaches Cassidy piano. We drive through this town every week. We count the ravens and owls we drive by. The kids always seem to find one they have never seen before. I have been telling the kids that one day we will go walk through the town and see them all. Well we didn't find them all, but we did find a lot.



The owls and ravens were used for one of the anniverseries of the town. The town's businesses sponsored different ones. They were lined up in the town center for the celebration, then moved around the town after the festivities. The one above was decorated by one of the Kindergartens. Below Cassidy is showing off her newly lost tooth with the owl sponsored by a dentist. I don't know who sponsored Thomas' favorite "race car" raven.

























We reached our goal. We took the kids to the park, another great German park. The kids had a great time and no one got hurt.















Emily got her exercise for the day by running around in circles.

















Cassidy likes puzzles, so I made her pose in front of the puzzle raven. And we all thought the fire owl was cool. Again, no idea who sponsored these.

























Cassidy liked the sunflower eyes on this owl.


More Owls, and of course the kids have to dip their hands in the fountain.

























One owl matched Cassidy. The other had duel personalities. The last time I drove through the town, I counted 48 owls and ravens.

























Future Boy Scouts.


We ended our afternoon at the Eis cafe. We had a great day.


No comments: