When we first arrived in Germany our sponsor drove us around. He pointed out this slide and I have been meaning to take the kids to it ever since. So two years later we made it. The weather has been overcast and chilly the last few weeks, so we were all feeling the effects. The sun finally came out today and I took advantage of it. Thomas had to wait until Cassidy and Zachary tried it out a few times before he would go down. I watched Zachary climb up those big rocks and was really hoping he wouldn't come tumbling back down them, cracking his skull.


Cassidy found different trails up to the slide. This trail took us across the super scary wiggly bridge. That is the name Thomas gave it. The kids all had a great time and want to go back.
Cassidy found different trails up to the slide. This trail took us across the super scary wiggly bridge. That is the name Thomas gave it. The kids all had a great time and want to go back.
Today I sat down at the kitchen table and ate lunch with the kids. We talked about school starting and Granddaddy and Grandma coming to visit us. Zachary kept tilting his chair back and I kept reminding him to set it back down. He did it enough that I finally told him if he did it again I would take his chair away. He didn't do it again and finished his lunch.
Then dinner came... The kids were sitting down eating hot dogs and homemade sweet potato chips. I was at the computer uploading a book onto my IPod, when the crying started. Zachary had tilted his chair too far back and was laying on the floor. I went to pick him up and got blood all over my hands. I ran him into the bathroom and stuck a washcloth to the back of his blood gushing head. Stewart was just getting off work, so I called him and asked him to meet me at the hospital. He was a brave little boy. He sat in my lap while the doctor administered the anesthetic. He didn't move but cried a little when he got the shot. Then he didn't utter a peep when the two stitches were put in.

Then dinner came... The kids were sitting down eating hot dogs and homemade sweet potato chips. I was at the computer uploading a book onto my IPod, when the crying started. Zachary had tilted his chair too far back and was laying on the floor. I went to pick him up and got blood all over my hands. I ran him into the bathroom and stuck a washcloth to the back of his blood gushing head. Stewart was just getting off work, so I called him and asked him to meet me at the hospital. He was a brave little boy. He sat in my lap while the doctor administered the anesthetic. He didn't move but cried a little when he got the shot. Then he didn't utter a peep when the two stitches were put in.
5 comments:
I am glad he is ok. I remeber Justin getting staples in his head. Kids just keep us hopping. Never a dull moment.
I have a scar on my head almost in the exact same place!
Thanks for the pictures, Jenni. It is really nice that you are keeping the blog going!
Ah! You went to the slide without us! :) Well, now we can come with you next time. Zachary's stitches!! I'm sure these are not the only ones you'll be getting with that little boy. Glad he's okay!
That slide looks AWESOME!! We wish we could come experience it! Sorry about the stitches. I'm sure that Zachary and Trevor would be good friends, and could get into a lot of trouble together. They're always so surprised when they get hurt doing something we told them not to do--ever notice that?? :)
Post a Comment