Friday, April 22, 2011

Coloring Easter Eggs

Easter snuck up on me this year. I don't know where the days went, but I am glad we had good weather to dye our eggs. It works so much better when we can color them in the grass.



I thought I would try something new this year. In January I started collecting eggs. When ever I made something that called for two or more eggs, I would blow the insides out. Then I would store the clean egg shells. By the time Easter rolled around I had three dozen eggs. The kids like coloring eggs so much, but they don't like hard boiled eggs, so this worked our great. The eggs would float on top of the water, but this was not a problem. I also instructed the kids to make sure and let the dye drip out of the eggs, before they put it in another color.



Cassidy was showing a friend how American's color eggs. I let her use my eggs. I don't even know her name, she and her family were here visiting our downstairs neighbors. She came out to see what we were doing. She let us keep the eggs she colored.



4 year olds are the reason we color eggs outside. Zachary thought it was easier to use his hands rather than the wire. After he colored all his eggs, he went to the hose to wash his green hands. Then he want back to coloring.




























Zachary was bored waiting for Thomas and Cassidy to finish coloring their eggs, so he started coloring his eggs again.



It wasn't hot outside, so we didn't put on our bathing suits. But I still let them play in the sprinkler. It is our traditional way of cleaning up our mess. They worked hard filling up the big yellow bucket with water. Then they dared me to pick it up, none of them could. So I picked it up and threw water on Cassidy and dumped water on Thomas' head. From all the squeals, I gather it was cold water.



























I put stings on the eggs and we hung them on our shrub.

1 comment:

Emily Petty said...

I love how you put your eggs on your shrub! I need to do that next year! So since you're still overseas from me - when's your next post about Texas?!