Stewart turned 40 this year. Things worked out this year, that we were able to have a celebration and I didn't have to do any planning. One of Cassidy's classmates' families invited us over for a BBQ. We arrived at 3 and sat down for cake and coffee (or water). They invited their American neighbors over as well. I didn't know what to expect with a German BBQ. We were served smoked ribs, lamb, turkey, veggies, mushrooms, chicken, sausages, bacon and 4 different salads. Whoa, we ate way too much. But it was so good. Our host gave Easter presents to all the kids with a stuffed animal and chocolate. The ribs took longer than expected, it was their first time using the smoker, so we stayed later than expected. But all the kids were getting along and Stewart even played a few games of darts with the other men. We were finally served Tiramisu and Strawberry Tiramisu (really yummy) for dessert. We finally left just after 9. I couldn't have planned a better birthday party. I am glad it all worked out that we could celebrate Stewart's 40th year with friends and food.
1 comment:
Stewart looks so happy with his children helping to celebrate his Bday. What a great family!!
Post a Comment