Monday, December 28, 2009

Triberg Weihnachtslauter


We decided to go to Triberg to see their Christmas lights and the Weihnactslauter. They did not have the traditional market stands, but instead you actually shopped inside the stores. They said they used over 700,000 lights. It is not quite Temple Square, but it was a great treat for us. Do you see the Ferris Wheel in the distance? We will be going on that later.


The kids posed for me in the light tunnel, while Stewart bought the tickets.



























Cassidy spotted this hut first thing; one it looks like Santa's hat, two it was also one of the only things that had colored lights. But once there, Thomas had to use the potty. So I took Thomas and Cassidy to the restroom. I remember why I don't like the cold or snow. Do you know how many layers I had to peel off Thomas so he could use the restroom? It is fine when we are at home, but what do you do with all the jackets, gloves, scarfs, hats and shirts when you are squeezed into a small public restroom?


Here is our view of the lights from the Ferris wheel. The kids loved it. I was trying not to panic. I mean the door to our gondola was not even locked. They kids could just open it right up! if we let them. But we did enjoy looking at all the lights.

























If you look really close you might see the waterfall behind us. Every half and hour performers but on a fire dancing show. They have two dancers that perform around the waterfall. One is perched above the waterfall the other is next to it. Cassidy wants to come back in the summer to go explore.

2 comments:

Kay Grover said...

What a great place to celebrate the Christmas season...Germany!! They have a lot to offer to see and do...and, I am impressed at your energy to do it all.

Emily Petty said...

Wow - where is this? Looks cool!