This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. But it seems to get harder and harder to fit into our schedule. We finally made the time and I found the energy to decorate cookies tonight. As you can see the kids and I had fun. I think Thomas is following my decorating path. He has to make sure everything is put in the right place. Cassidy loves frosting and icing and Zachary loves the sprinkles. Santa is going to love those cookies, we better leave him lots of milk to wash them down.
Germany is very big on Advent Calendars. Both Cassidy and Thomas' schools make thier own Advent calendars. Thomas got a penguin with colored glass gems inside it. Cassidy received some chocolate candy. Each kid in the class had a different box with a number on it. Then they got to open it on that day. We also decided to go buy our kids an Advent calendar from the store. There were so many to choose from each kid got to pick one. We came home with a Lego Advent calender, a Kinderegg Advent calendar and a Christmas tree Advent calender. We rotate every night so the kids won't fight as to who gets to open each one. It sort of works.
1 comment:
How terrific to have their very own Advent Calendars. Kids are so lucky nowdays. I don't remember having this much fun before Christmas. They look so-o-o happy.
Post a Comment