Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

I was pulled out of bed this morning by the kids. Luckily it was 8:30, so I got up and followed a trail of rocks around the house. On my way around the house I found my Valentine's gifts. The kids had made me pictures and decorations. Stewart had his own trail of rocks to follow that led to a Hershey's candy bar that Cassidy had bought for him. She wanted to buy me a Dove chocolate rose, but they were out of them at the store.


It was now time to get ready for church. I piled the kids in the car and gave them their Leapsters while I finished gathering my things up. I also laid heart trails for the kids to follow when we get home from church. After church I gave Cassidy a pink heart that said "Follow Me", Thomas had a white heart and Zachary had a red heart. The kids had to follow their color of heart trails to find their surprises. They loved collecting all the candy.

After they collected all their hearts, I set them up with a bag of candy and a card for Stewart. They had fun laying a trail of hearts for Dad to follow. But they liked hiding his candy even more (inside mittens, hats and gloves). We ended the evening with our traditional Valentine's Day dinner; pink heart shaped pancakes and pink milk.

1 comment:

Gma Grover said...

Love the idea of rock trails! Thank you for sending Gpa and me Valentines. So creative!! Great Mom to help the children celebrate so many fun things!!